2nd Grade Teacher
TEACHING AT PERRY STREET PREP
We are recruiting a 2nd grade teacher for the 2023-24 school year. Teaching positions at Perry Street Prep are full-time, salaried, 10-month positions, and we expect teachers to provide full time in-person instruction.
Teachers at Perry Street Prep are responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with colleagues in developing cohesive Common Core-aligned curriculum materials, increasing evidence-based instructional resources, and establishing instructional goals grounded in research
- Preparing standards-based lessons that challenge students’ critical thinking
- Utilizing strong content knowledge to effectively present enticing and rigorous Common Core-aligned lessons
- Differentiating instruction to accommodate multiple learning styles and abilities
- Assessing students’ academic and developmental growth through observation and a variety of assessment methods
- Tracking and monitoring data in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Applying the values of urgency, rigor, and consistency to create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations
- Communicating with students, parents, and school staff to ensure that students are on-track in their learning and making progress towards goals
Perry Street Prep is seeking educators with the following education, experience, and personal philosophy:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; Master’s degree preferred
- Two or more years of teaching experience as an elementary or middle school teacher in an urban environment with a strong record of student achievement preferred
- A belief that all students can learn
- A desire to be an active part of a diverse community of educators, scholars, and families
- A strong work ethic, individual drive, and an ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Perry Street Prep offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Do you believe that every child deserves the right to a high quality education? Do you want to prepare students for unlimited global opportunities? Apply today!
In accordance with Mayor's Order 2021-109, Perry Street Preparatory Public Charter School requires all staff to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Perry Street Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School’s EEO policy prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Perry Street Prep prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Under this policy, equal employment opportunity is required in recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as required by applicable law.