5th Grade School Teacher
DC Scholars is seeking engaging Teachers for the 2023-24 school year. We are looking for teachers who are passionate about planning and providing excellent, data-driven instruction. These teachers cultivate a strong culture of achievement and lead inclusive classroom communities where students are engaged and self-motivated. If you’re ready to join a team of dedicated educators who are committed to ensuring that all students have access to a high-quality education that empowers them to actualize their dreams, apply today!
- Create and execute engaging, rigorous. and developmentally appropriate instruction for scholars.
- Utilize research-based best instructional practices to create rigorous, dynamic learning environments for students.
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive classroom environment that will engage students in learning, promote creativity, and foster the development of 21st-century skills such as communication and collaboration.
- Develop strategic instructional groupings to meet the needs of all learners.
- Provide modeling and support for students’ social-emotional learning throughout the day.
- Provide appropriate modifications and accommodations in accordance with student IEPs.
- Receive and implement consistent feedback and coaching from school leaders.
- Reward positive student behavior and hold students accountable using school-wide systems.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to plan curriculum and build school culture across the school.
Background and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of teaching experience, preferably in an urban public or charter school
- Teaching licensure/certification, or willingness to obtain, preferred
- Demonstrated content knowledge
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Belief in the power of parent/family relationships
- Deep belief and commitment to breaking the barriers of achievement for scholars in Southeast D.C.
- Passion for educational equity and a commitment to the mission and vision of DC Scholars
- Strong alignment with DC Scholars’ Core Values: High Bar, Passion & Persistence, Hope, Humility & Growth, and Trust
- Collaborative leadership style
- High standards of excellence for self and for others
- Evidence of well-developed emotional intelligence and empathy
- Opportunity to work in an exciting and enjoyable environment that fosters strong family relationships and community partnerships
- Targeted professional development focused on bolstering leadership capabilities
- Professional connections with other expert educators who share your commitment to doing whatever it takes to close the achievement gap
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Participation in a 403b retirement plan, with matching contributions
DC Scholars encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. DC Scholars does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.