Certified Nursing Assistant Adjunct Instructor
Reports to: Director of Career and Workforces
Functional Area: Academic
Job Location: Ward 5
FLSA Status: Independent Contractor
Job Classification Category: Adjunct Teacher - Contractor
Academy of Hope Adult Public Charter School (AoH) Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
The contract Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) adjunct instructor will educate students according to the curriculum provided, which is designed to assist students to gain knowledge and clinical skills that will prepare them to pass the District of Columbia nursing assistant certification exam. The CNA Adjunct Instructor directs
the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students.
All instructors are responsible for creating a supportive, empowering learning environment for adult learners
and delivering quality content area instruction.
2 full sessions during the 2020 – 2021 school year: Fall and Spring Terms
Approximately 8-10 hours per week (depending on school calendar)
Classes are held Mon-Thu 5pm-9pm (opportunity to occasionally cover day class)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensures regulatory compliance with state and federal instructional guidelines and commitment to the
philosophy and mission of Academy of Hope Adult Public Charter School (AOH).
Teaches (lecture/presentations/quizzes/homework) CNA students from the established curriculum (Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care Long-Term Care)
Evaluate and document students’ progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills (interpersonal, technical, clinical, and classroom)
Assists in the prescreening of CNA candidates as applicable
Maintains confidential, accurate, and comprehensive records of students (attendance, grades,
prerequisites, and skills assessments) per DC board of nursing regulations
Ensures that students learn to treat residents, families and other members of the health care team with the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere that recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
Maintain efficient and effective use of all supplies and equipment
Engages in regular effective communication with students, staff, and other stakeholders
Remains current on state and federal regulations and training standards
Maintain a clean/safe environment conducive to learning (classroom and skills lab)
Collaborates with Health Care Coordinator regarding AOH CNA training program
Other duties as assigned by Health Care Coordinator or Director of Workforce
● Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current registered nurse licensure by the District of Columbia State Board of Nursing. BSN required
● Minimum of (1) year of teaching experience required
● Minimum of (2 years full-time or equivalent clinical experience required
● Excellent time management and organizational skills
● Must be a self-starter and able to multitask
● Strong computer skills
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Demonstrated communication skills
● Demonstrated ability and experience to engage the interest of adult learner
● Demonstrated the ability to work with diverse adult learners, including those with special needs
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member
● Demonstrate ability to evaluate tests and measurements of achievement
● Demonstrated willingness to be held accountable for students results
● Sensitive to the needs of adult learners and respectful of learner confidentiality
● Experience working with volunteers and consultants
● Strong cultural competency skills, including excellent ability to communicate with a diverse population
Atmosphere is professional, friendly and supportive. Our staff value both teamwork and independence. We encourage creativity and the sharing of ideas.
Academy of Hope Adult Public Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not allow discrimination with respect to employment or any of the terms or conditions of employment because of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status or religion.
Candidates for employment will be subject to a federal criminal background check before confirmation of employment.
Please visit the Academy of Hope website (http://aohdc.org/jobs/) for instructions on how to apply for the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.