Dean of Instruction
We are looking for a qualified Dean of Instruction to directly support the mission of Statesmen College Preparatory Academy for Boys by supporting the content and pedagogy development of the instructional staff and the academic achievement and growth of the scholars for an assigned grade band and caseload.
The person best suited for this role is a learning-oriented and inspirational leader with an inclination toward the development of people. You will be a deliberate team-builder with a keen ability to leverage strong relationships and social networks as capital in building effective teacher practice for student results.
- Work with Senior Leadership to design and execute a College-Going Academic School Culture of Efficacy reflective of Statesmen values.
- Model, develop, support, and execute an Adult Culture of Self-Awareness and Commitment to On-Going Learning reflective of Statesmen values.
- Work with Senior Leadership to design and execute a CCSS Aligned College Readiness Curriculum.
- Supervise, develop, support, and execute high-quality instruction.
- Identify, import, develop, and sustain highly effective instructors and practices.
- Work with Senior Leadership to design and execute a Vibrant Culture of Family and Community Inclusion.
- Maximize families and communities as a resource in achieving results for young male scholars by way of regular and transparent communication.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education (or related field), Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of teaching experience, preferably in public education
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (or a qualified exemption)