ELL Teacher SY 22-23
ABOUT PERRY STREET PREP
Perry Street Prep serves 400+ elementary and middle school students in Northeast DC. We are a community of diverse learners, with students from all eight wards of the city, that builds relationships with families and empowers students to be college-ready and to thrive in a global society. Our goal is to provide every student, PreK-8th grade, with the knowledge, the attitudes and the support they will need to succeed in rigorous high schools and beyond.
Perry Street Prep students have PRIDE: perseverance, respect, integrity, dependability, and excellence. Our school culture emphasizes PRIDE qualities, and our faculty and staff help our students strive to embody them.
Our diverse, committed, and driven staff have led Perry Street Prep to become one of the highest performing schools in Washington, DC. In 2019, we earned the distinction of Tier I, the highest performance rating given by the DC Public Charter School Board, designation as an ESEA Distinguished School by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education for exceptional student achievement by our students with disabilities, and the selection as a 2019 Bold Performance School by EmpowerK12.
For additional information about Perry Street Prep visit pspdc.org.
TEACHING AT PERRY STREET PREP
We are recruiting an ELL Teacher to serve PreK through 8th grade for the 2022-23 school year. An ELL Teacher is responsible for delivering instruction to students identified as English Language Learners in an inclusion setting and working to develop and manage a classroom environment that supports differentiated instruction and student progress.
All teaching positions at Perry Street Prep are full-time, salaried, 10-month positions. ELL Teachers at Perry Street Prep are responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with colleagues in developing cohesive Common Core-aligned curriculum materials, increasing evidence-based instructional resources, and establishing instructional goals grounded in research
- Support ELL students’ English language development and their classroom instructional needs
- Partner and interact with school's instructional leadership team, coaches and administration to ensure ELL students receive language support and other forms of academic assistance
- Support oversight and delivery of ACCESS administration
- Tracking and monitor assessment results in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Participate in ELL student's transition meetings for those ready to transition out of ELL services
- Initiate and maintain consistent communication and develop constructive partnerships with ELL families
- Communicate with parents about student progress in ESL and recommend ways families can support student at home
Perry Street Prep is seeking educators with the following education, experience, and personal philosophy:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required. Special education or master’s degree preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English (strongly preferred)
- Two or more years of teaching experience as an elementary or middle school special education teacher in an urban environment preferred
- Experience with co-teaching models, writing and monitoring IEPs, and ELL strategies preferred
- A belief that all students can learn
- A desire to be an active part of a diverse community of educators, scholars, and families
- A strong work ethic, individual drive, and an ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Perry Street Prep offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Do you believe that every child deserves the right to a high quality education? Do you want to prepare students for unlimited global opportunities? Apply today!
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
In accordance with Mayor's Order 2021-109, Perry Street Prep requires all staff to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons by November 1, 2021.
Perry Street Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School’s EEO policy prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Perry Street Prep prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Under this policy, equal employment opportunity is required in recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as required by applicable law.