Food Service and Recreational Aide (Part Time)
TEACHING AT PERRY STREET PREP
We are recruiting an instructional aide for the 2023-24 school year. The position is a full-time, salaried, 10-month position and will be in-person.
Instructional aides are responsible for assisting teachers to ensure students' academic achievement as well as contributing to a dynamic and rigorous school culture. S/he assists in responding to student data, providing small group and individualized instruction, and substituting for teachers when needed. Instructional aides monitor and sustain a rigorous curriculum and high standards learning environment that focuses on achieving dramatic improvement in student academic achievement. Instructional aides support special student populations including students with disabilities and English language learners.
An instructional aide has a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Assist in educational and social development of scholars under the guidance and supervision of the lead teacher
- Help maintain student and classroom organization
- Assist in the implementation of the lesson plans
- Work with students in small groups
- Aid in the execution of bathroom, food service and recreational duties
- Substitute teach when a teacher is absent
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates should have the following qualifications and embody the following qualities:
- An Instructional Aide must comply with the Federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 ("NCLB") which requires that all instructional assistants or paraprofessionals working in Title I schools must be "highly qualified." In order to be "highly qualified" under Section 1119 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, instructional paraprofessionals must have a high school diploma or General Educational Development ("GED"), and must meet one of the following requirements:
- Possess an Associate's degree from an accredited college/university, or;
- Complete two years of full-time study (minimum 48 credit hours) at an accredited college/university;
- Successfully complete the ETS ParaPro Assessment with a passing score of at least 461.
- Possess a commitment to educating students for academic achievement and empowering students to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Believe in the capacity of every student for high academic achievement and a commitment to creating a highly-structured, effective, and fun learning environment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Perry Street Prep offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Do you believe that every child deserves the right to a high quality education? Do you want to prepare students for unlimited global opportunities? Apply today!
In accordance with Mayor's Order 2021-109, Perry Street Preparatory Public Charter School requires all staff to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Perry Street Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School’s EEO policy prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Perry Street Prep prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Under this policy, equal employment opportunity is required in recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as required by applicable law.