Lower School Bilingual Office Manager
Why work at Capital City?
• Work hard and achieve results, together! At Capital City, staff members work on collaborative teams that grapple with challenges, celebrate successes, and support and learn from one another.
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just buzzwords. We believe the diversity of our staff and the students we serve is our greatest asset. We take seriously the responsibility to achieve equity for our students and build a culture where staff engage in dialogue about race and work to build an inclusive culture.
About the Position:
The many and varied responsibilities of Bilingual Office Manager include:
• Greeting and welcoming parents, students, and visitors
• Managing communications with families, including weekly packets, listserv postings, and mailings
• Answering and routing incoming phone calls during school hours and controlling visitor entry on the Lower School floor.
• Creating and maintaining cumulative student records
• Managing daily attendance via our online student information system, sending automated calls to families, and communication with staff.
• Managing student information and admissions databases.
• Managing a busy school office environment
• Generally supporting school principal and other Administrators.
This position is subject to the DC Mayor's Order 2021-109, requiring all adults regularly in schools to be vaccinated for Covid-19.
Qualifications: Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree a plus. Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish are a must. Candidate must be organized, flexible, detail-oriented and able to multitask. Candidate should be friendly, professional, and comfortable interacting with a variety of people including adults and children. Prior office experience, including familiarity with office systems such as student databases, Microsoft Excel, and word processing is essential.
Spanish proficiency is required.
In addition to the above requirements, staff members must meet the requirements of all hires at Capital City including a criminal background check and a negative TB test.