PE/Health Teacher SY22-23 (Perry Street Prep PCS)
ABOUT PERRY STREET PREP:
Perry Street Prep serves 400+ PreK, elementary and middle school students in Northeast DC. We are a community of diverse learners, with students from all eight wards of the city, that builds relationships with families and empowers students to be college-ready and to thrive in a global society. Our goal is to provide every student, PreK-8th grade, with the knowledge, the attitudes and the support they will need to succeed in rigorous high schools and beyond.
Perry Street Prep students have PRIDE: perseverance, respect, integrity, dependability, and excellence. Our school culture emphasizes PRIDE qualities, and our faculty and staff help our students strive to embody them.
Our diverse, committed, and driven staff have led Perry Street Prep to become one of the highest performing schools in Washington, DC. In 2019, we earned the distinction of Tier I, the highest performance rating given by the DC Public Charter School Board, designation as an ESEA Distinguished School by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education for exceptional student achievement by our students with disabilities, and the selection as a 2019 Bold Performance School by EmpowerK12.
For additional information about Perry Street Prep, visit pspdc.org.
TEACHING AT PERRY STREET PREP:
We are recruiting a PE Teacher to work with our PreK through 3rd grade students for the 2022-23 school year. Teaching positions at Perry Street Prep are full-time, salaried, 10-month positions, and we expect teachers to provide full time in-person instruction.
Teachers at Perry Street Prep are responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with colleagues in developing cohesive Common Core-aligned curriculum materials, increasing instructional resources, and establishing instructional goals
- Preparing standards-based lessons that challenge students’ critical thinking
- Utilizing strong content knowledge to effectively present enticing and rigorous Common Core-aligned lessons
- Differentiating instruction to accommodate multiple learning styles and abilities
- Assessing students’ academic and developmental growth through observation and a variety of assessment methods
- Tracking and monitor assessment results in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Applying the values of urgency, rigor, and consistency to create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations
- Communicating with students, parents, school staff to ensure that students are on-track in their learning and making progress towards goals
Perry Street Prep is seeking educators with the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Two or more years of teaching experience as an elementary teacher in an urban environment with a strong record of student achievement preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Perry Street Prep offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Do you believe that every child deserves the right to a high quality education? Do you want to prepare students for unlimited global opportunities? Apply today! Click below to join us as a PE Teacher.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
In accordance with Mayor's Order 2021-109, Perry Street Preparatory Public Charter School requires all staff to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons.
Perry Street Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School’s EEO policy prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Perry Street Prep prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability. Under this policy, equal employment opportunity is required in recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as required by applicable law.