SY 20-21 Lottery Results and Waitlist Data
Our analysis shows:
- Public charter schools offered 13,396 seats across various programs and grades in SY 20-21 lottery
- Roughly 70% of applicants on waitlists are waiting for a seat at a Tier 1 public charter school. 49% of PCS seats offered come from Tier 1One schools.
- There are 1,805 Tier 1 seats available to students in the lottery
- With Tier 1 schools like Lee Montessori PCS, Mundo Verde Bilingual PCS, DC Prep – Anacostia Middle adding grades
- There continues to be demand for public charter school seats in PK3, PK4, and kindergarten, with waitlists totaling 10,959 for these grades across public charter schools. Since many students are on multiple waiting lists, the total represents an unknown number of duplicates.
- Grades PK3, PK4, kindergarten, 6, and 9, make up 70% of the total waitlist in the SY 20-21 lottery.
- This is the first year Latin American Montessori Bilingual PCS participated in the My School DC lottery. It had a total of 1,630 waitlisted students, the longest waitlist of any public charter school program, as of April 6th, 2020; 638 of these students were on the waitlist for PK3 across the campus’ two sites.
Lottery Seats and Waitlist Offer Data
- Waitlist results can be filtered by grade and campus here.
- This SY 20-21 waitlist data includes families who applied to the lottery by the PK-8 deadline of March 2, 2020, and high school deadline of February 3, 2020.
- For the most current information on waitlist lengths, please contact schools directly.