UPDATED - Board Accepting Public Comment on 15-year Renewal Guidelines
For Immediate Release:
Contact: Theola Labbé-DeBose
Washington, D.C. — The DC Public Charter School Board (PCSB) is accepting public comment on its 15-year renewal guidelines for schools with charters that are set to expire during the 2012-2013 school year.
PCSB is accepting public comments on an expedited timeline to ensure that the charter renewal guidelines go into effect for this school year. The public comment period opens today, August 21, and will close on Friday Sept 7. A public hearing will be held on Friday Sept 7 at 5:30 p.m. at the DC Public Charter School Board, 3333 14th Street, NW, Washington, DC.
Pursuant to the School Reform Act § 38-1802.12, schools whose charters are set to expire may submit a petition for charter renewal. Schools cannot operate past the expiration date of their charters.
This year the following public charter schools are eligible for 15-year charter renewal:
- Community Academy Public Charter Schools (all campuses)
- Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School
- Cesar Chavez Public Charter Schools for Public Policy (all campuses)
- Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School
- Friendship Public Charter Schools (all campuses)
- Integrated Design and Electronic Academy Public Charter School Military Academy
- Maya Angelou Public Charter Schools (all campuses)
- The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C.
- Washington Mathematics Science and Technology Public Charter High School
To submit written comments, please email Audrey Williams, email@example.com, or mail them to DC Public Charter School Board, 3333 14th Street, NW, Suite 210, Washington, DC 20010. To testify at the hearing, you must sign up 24 hours in advance of the Sept 7 hearing date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 328-2660 by 5:30 pm on Thursday Sept 6 in order to be placed on the witness list. Please bring copies of your testimony.